Cleaning mouldy curtains using Tent Magic Super Death mould killer concentrate.
There has been quite a lot of advertising lately about cleaning curtains, particularly using acid or bleach-based cleaners. Acid and or bleach-based cleaners are not fabric friendly, but they do remove the black mould stains quickly. Generally, you need to then remove the cleaner so that the fabric is not damaged.
Using these types of “cleaners” does not necessarily mean that the mould has been “killed”, as was mentioned by Consumer magazine on its review of Curtain Magic (see below).
The other brand advertising is Curtain Wizard, $39.99 for 1 Litre of ready to spray. It is bleach based.
Examples of other products used for cleaning mouldy curtains are Curtain Magic and 30 Seconds as brand names or just plain old Janola. Other remedies such as vinegar and the likes are just a waste of time.
Tent Magic super death is an acid free bleach free mould killer. It is fabric friendly so it will not damage the curtains and has a residual activity that will last for up to a year.
Once Super Death is sprayed on the curtains, the black staining from mould will not go away immediately, as is the case (more or less) with the products named above, which are acids and bleaches. But over time the stains will fade and clear, and UV from the sun certainly helps this process along.
The main points to consider and remember are:
- The mould infestation is killed!
- Tent Magic Super Death is fabric friendly! No matter what the pattern or colour!
- Spray and walk away!
- 500 mls of Tent Magic Super Death mould concentrate makes 25 Litres. Why pay $30.00 or more for 2 litres or $39.99 for one litre of ready to go spray (Curtain Wizzard).?
- Tent Magic Super Death mould concentrate can be used around the home on most porous surfaces to kill:
- Moss in the lawns or garden, cobble paths etc.
- Algae and lichen and of course mould.
- Mouldy walls and ceilings? No problem!
- Tent Magic Super Death works out far cheaper than other products!